need a female silkie chick

Just so you know you can’t get a definite pullet silkie chick. Silkies are the hardest breed to sex. Is there any chance you could get a different breed of chicken which is easier to sex at a young age? Like polish? I know you can’t really take the chance of it being a roo, but if you want a silkie chick it might be your only option. You could get a silkie around 7-8 months old, normally by that age you can tell, but I also see from your comment that it needs to be a chick. It is entirely up to you what you do, just don’t trust anyone who claims they are selling “sexed silkie chicks” because often they don’t actually know the sex.

Just so you know you can’t get a definite pullet silkie chick. Silkies are the hardest breed to sex. Is there any chance you could get a different breed of chicken which is easier to sex at a young age? Like polish? I know you can’t really take the chance of it being a roo, but if you want a silkie chick it might be your only option. You could get a silkie around 7-8 months old, normally by that age you can tell, but I also see from your comment that it needs to be a chick. It is entirely up to you what you do, just don’t trust anyone who claims they are selling “sexed silkie chicks” because often they don’t actually know the sex.
Exactly 💯 It's not the best idea to vent-sex day old bantams.

im am looking for a female silkie chick(any variety) for 4-H. does anyone know where I can get one? again it has to be a girl and a chick
thanks in advance
oh and I and located in Grand Rapids Michigan
I sell sexed silkie chicks, I did so last summer. If you're still looking, & is interested please PM me?

I'll have to hatch a small clutch.

Back
Top Bottom