1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need a friend for Lonely Chick (colorado)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mjolly, Jul 20, 2008.

1. mjolly

mjolly Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2008
    I just completed a hatch and only one lone chick made it. On day 22 and no movement formthe other eggs. :-( Not holding out much hope.

I need a friend or two for him as his stuffed moose is ok, but not much real company! I have looked on Craig's list and have not been able to find him one. There are soem 3 hours away, but that is a bit far for me to drive.

I will be calling all the local feed stores to see if they have one or two young chicks left.

Please let me knwo if you are in the Denver area and have some young chicks or know of someone who does, that would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Marva

2. citychickers

citychickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Littleton Colorado
    Check again on Craigslist. There's a guy in Parker ( I think on Parker Rd) that keeps bringing in chicks.....last I checked he had all age ranges from a week on up. There is also a family/farm that hatches chicks up north (Longmont???) on a regular basis. I'll see if I can find their website and send that to you as well.

Noisy little ones when they're all by themselves arent' they? I went through that myself too this spring. They really need friends!

3. ShysCreations

ShysCreations Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello! I have 3 black mottled cochin bantam chicks that are a week old. $2 each if you'd like them. I am in Golden

4. citychickers

citychickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Littleton Colorado
    I have only 1 so far from my hatch. 23 hours old. Have you had any lucky finding anyone??? Let me know, I think I'm in the same boat you are. Poor lonely chicks.....

5. chicknsnbiskits

chicknsnbiskits Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    I'm in Colorado Springs, and we have 5-month old birds. We find ourselved having to cull part of our flock, and we need homes for 4 birds.
    I'm going to start a thread with more info and pics of the available birds.
    I don't know if they are "too old" to be much companionship for your little ones.

6. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:if i don't find that thread, please link me!!!

marva, would you be willing to go to the springs? i have some 3 wk olds...i'm off exit 142.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  7. chicknsnbiskits

chicknsnbiskits Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    I'm still working on that one. The problem is... we have at least one rooster, and I still don't know what breed (and apparently, gender) 3 of them are! [​IMG] So, it's slow-going building this thing.

I can tell you this. One of them REALLY looks like a red sexlink (or RIR-ish) pullet. One of them is ALMOST positively a silver-spangled Hamburg pullet. One of them is black and looks like a crow with a bright red comb and waddle, and one of them... no idea.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by