1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need a Home for Roxie in Colorado

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by breezy, May 7, 2011.

1. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    This is Roxie. She is a boxer /pointer mix. She is a neglect/ starvation case I am fostering and rehabbing as another of my private rescues. Her good points include : great with cats, kids, and adults. Very fast learner had her ignoring free ranging chickens in one easy gentle lesson. She does well with other dogs provided she is introduced properly. She is a dream in the car and loves to ride. Her not so great traits: she is a thief( has been starved..as soon as regular meals began showing up the thieving began to decrease) she pulls hard on a leash( we have begun working on this with great progress) if played with roughly she gets mouthy fast. All of these are training issues and I believe can be resolved with good quality training.
    She is a gentle sweet dog who spent far too many days locked alone in a backyard with no training little food and not a lot of positive interactions in the last year.
    There is no fee for adoption but she will go on a contract that includes among other things, completing a training class of my choice. If you know of anyone who wants a good dog and that is willing to put a bit of time and effort into her please PM me.
    thank you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    She's beautiful and I hope someone deserving gets such a nice dog! She kinda looks like the mullet of dogs: Pointer in the front and boxer in the rear [​IMG] hehe

3. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Your right she really does look pointer in the front and her head profile looks pointer but if you open her mouth and look she has a classic boxers mouth. I do know she is at least half boxer for sure but was making an educated guess at the pointer part. Thanks for confirming what I thought I saw ....... also best wishes on your shepherd girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by