Need a hug; Cop's wife in Pittsburgh...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Suellyn, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    I don't know how "National" it's gone on the news, but it was a really bad, bad, day here in Pittsburgh, especially for those of us who have loved ones in Law Enforcement.

Most of the time I shove it into the back of my brain how dangerous it is to be "on the job", but today i can't. I know this is a chicken website, and I know this posting is really random/off topic, but I had to say something. It is a crazy world, and my heart goes out to those who have lost more than I can imagine.

Hug whomever/whatever you love today.

xoxo, Suellen
  2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Whats the story? [​IMG]
  3. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  4. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I'm on duty today, at work as a read BYC. It has been a bad week. We had an officer killed a few towns over just the other day.
  5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My heart goes out to all the officers, their families and all the members of the thin blue line in PA. [​IMG]
    My special officer just left for work a few minutes ago. May everything that is good and right in this world be with them today.
  6. Suellyn

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    An "ongoing domestic", cops called and were totally ambushed. 3 killed, 2 (?) injured. One was "off duty" but lived nearby & tried to help/save fallen coworkers, I think he is one of the ones who died. It was a "standoff" for hours, many many gunshots, the guy gave up; is in custody, ALIVE, but with some injuries (gunshot wounds).

Just makes me sad & scared. It's crazy. More info if you "google" it, I'm sure. DH at USAF Reserves today, not "on duty" with state police. I am thankful for that!!!!
  7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

We had the same thing happen a few years ago here in Texas. Same kind of situation too.
  8. Suellyn

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    Dear PouletsdeCajun, and everyone else....

it's usally pretty routine around here, a really good city & place to raise your children (and a couple/few chickens), I don't usually worry overly much about DH's job (would lose my mind if I thought about it too much!!), but today is one of those days where I can't get rid of it.

Thank you to Poulets, and Gritsar, and to all the others that put it on the line for the rest of us every day
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    [​IMG] I heard abouttoo. We live just across the state line. I can feel with you . MY DH is a soldier who will go from recruiting back to an MOS that requires him to go to the sandbox.
    Both of our DH have a job where they put their livess on the line.
    Thats why we never should let them go out the door without saying I LOVE YOU , you never know if they come back home alive. ( i nkow it sounds bad but that is how it is)
  10. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Thoughts are with you all,

I am sure words can never fully express how you all must feel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by