Need a little help.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by theduckgirl4110, Jul 28, 2013.

1. theduckgirl4110

theduckgirl4110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2013
    I am going to get two little ducklings from Metzer farms through the mail. I am getting a cayuga and a welsh harlequin. I know what the WH will look like when its a baby and an adult. But I don't know how to tell if my cayuga is a male or female. How dod you tell if a cayuga is a male or female? Also, how do you introduce these two ,to a four month old khaki campbell? Thank you.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

either you vent sex when you get them or you wait till you hear what they sound like, you know loud quack girls, raspy quack boy. Metzers has a video on their web site that shows how to vent sex but you have to be very careful so you don't injure the duckling. and when you get your ducklings keep them in something clear as a brooder so Tilly can see them and hear them, then when it's nice and warm take the ducklings and her {does she live in the house] outside together and make a little place for the ducklings so Tilly can't get to them but they can all see each other, most likely Tilly will be so happy to have some buddies it won't take long before they are best friends. If your ducklings are only going to be days old Tilly could injure them so it's just better to let her slowly warm up to them. I used some plastic poultry fencing I got at lowes and some of those fiber glass fence posts they are around 2.50 each and made a little fenced in yard for my ducklings so the rest of the flock could meet them before I let everyone be together. When are your ducklings coming?

3. theduckgirl4110

Mar 16, 2013
    August 19th. Tilly goes outside during the day and comes in the basement at night. Thank you.

4. Miss Lydia

That's so exciting, you have some time to get everything together before they arrive and you'll be ready to introduce Tilly to her new friends and family. How about some updated pics of Tilly [​IMG]

5. theduckgirl4110

Mar 16, 2013
    Sorry, I've been having computer problems. Here they are![​IMG]She hated me for this.[​IMG]Showing off her new collar and I. D.

[​IMG]Enjoying a swim and the camera.

[​IMG]Enjoying the camera again.

[​IMG]Loves the attention.

[​IMG]Found her in my wallet today! Thief!

[​IMG]My, what large feet you have Tilly?!

[​IMG]Sorry on this one.

[​IMG]Yelling at me. Wanted some corn.

[​IMG]Looking in the bathroom.

[​IMG]Enjoying a tasty daily treat bowl.

[​IMG]Showing off those beautiful eyes.

[​IMG]Model like sleek-ness (in her mind)

6. Miss Lydia

The pics are well worth the wait, she is lovely, and what a nice clean house you have... [you must not have dogs, kids or a dh] LOL

7. theduckgirl4110

Mar 16, 2013
    Thank you. we actually just cleaned. No dogs but three kids definetly makes up for it!

8. Miss Lydia

That's for sure. Love the pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by