1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need a loving home for a pearl white leghorn (5 months old)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by familychickensv, Oct 15, 2013.

1. familychickensv

familychickensv New Egg

Oct 15, 2013
    Hello,
    We are in Rockland county, NY and looking for a loving home for the last of our flock. We raised four chickens this summer and lost three in an animal attack. I am afraid that the solo chicken will not survive the winter alone and we are looking for a good home for her. She is a very trained chicken and loves people. She meets us at our front door each morning and has been roosting in the tree off our deck at night (after the attack I did not lock her in the coop as I was afraid an animal might come in again and she would be trapped. Whenever we are out doors she follows us around and loves children. The best location for her would be a set up where she has lots of out of the coop time. If anyone is interested let me know....jeviders@gmail.com

2. TheNuttyChick

TheNuttyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2012
    CT
    Do you have a picture of her?

3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

x2?

4. JLfarm

JLfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2013
    Rayne lousiana
    Would u ship to Louisiana

5. biretta

biretta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2007
    Couldn't see you location. Are you anywhere near Washington State?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  6. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Familychickensv wrote on the first post that he/she lives in Rockland county, NY. :)

7. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    if you can get her up to Cobleskill NY she can join 100 friends on 175 of free range. Our birds are out morning to dark.

8. Sherrillk

Sherrillk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2012
    Hi...I PMed you, in case you are still looking to figure things out. Best, Sherrill

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by