Need a name - pics of Grace and Dinner added :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jul 4, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    One of my rescue meaties is just too sweet for words. Although they all look alike, she stands out due to a brown stain (okay, it's a poop stain [​IMG] ) on one wing. I would know her anyhow because she actually jumps up on the side of the brooder to greet me and then will jump into my hand to play with my wedding bands.
    I just had some of the meaties out for some fresh air and sunshine and she followed me everywhere. I made the mistake of having my mouth open when she was close to my face and she tried to eat my tongue. [​IMG]

She needs a name that pays homage to the fact that she wasn't culled like she was scheduled to be. I'm leaning towards Grace, but would like other ideas. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

How about Milagro? Might be too many syllables.. I really like the name Grace, though.

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I would love to be able to name them all, but it would be an exercise in futility since they all look so much alike.
    Besides the potential Grace I think I'll just name the two, possibly three cockerels. I know the big one's name will be Baby and the other one Puff. Will need a name for the other one I'm pretty sure is a cockerel too.

4. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

How about Emma for the little pullet, and Caesar for the third roo? I was looking at my fine young man, Chief, today and thinking to myself that now I wish I had given him a more dignified name, and Caesar would have been perfect....especially since I named his brother Brutus! [​IMG]

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    How about "Dinner"? HaHaHaHaHa! [​IMG]

6. awheel11

awheel11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Cute! Well, here's a couple ideas:

Bibi: means alive

Milana: means gracious, Hawaiin origins

Eva, Eve, or Zoey: means life

For the boy maybe Felix, the lucky one?

I was just having fun looking up names by their meanings, some of these are not all that popular sounding though lol. I do like the name Grace though! Pretty, meaningful, and simple.

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Okay, the third possible cockerel will be named Dinner, just cuz I'm twisted enough to like it. [​IMG]
    DH thinks its kinda perverse that I refer to them collectively as "The Meaties" [​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Okay, the third possible cockerel will be named Dinner, just cuz I'm twisted enough to like it. [​IMG]
    DH thinks its kinda perverse that I refer to them collectively as "The Meaties" [​IMG]

The neighbors called my first 3 chickens- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.

Imp

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

That's "MISS YUMMY" to you![​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG] That's just so wrong. On so many levels. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by