need a necklace made

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dinahmoe, Nov 2, 2010.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i am looking for someone who could make me a necklace with an alligator tooth.i found a huge alligator skull along our river bank and kept a few of the teeth.i think the largest one would make a nice necklace.i am not sure of the legalities of me having the tooth but i really love and respect alligators.if i didn't have children i would have one but would never take that risk now so this way i can still have one(kinda).
    thanks

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Dinahmoe, try kyboy.....I did a swap a few years ago for BCM eggs and an awesome hand made knife for hubby.....I'm thinking with his welding and blacksmith he could work a metal holder and you could get like a leather type of necklace from craft store - a la crocodile dundee look.

If he doesn't do that kind of work or is booked up pm me as I know several local artisans as well who might be able to help.... Is the tooth drilled with a hole?

Thanks and have a blessed day Nancy

3. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    thanks!
    i will try that.
    no the tooth is not drilled.it is hollow and i didn't want to mess it up.it is just the way it came out of the skull.i guess they are hollow because the gators are always losing their teeth.it is about 4 inches long with about half of it the root and half the vivible tooth.
    if this doesn't work i will get back with you.
    thanks again,
    gloria

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by