NEED A NEW HOME FOR A HEN IN CONNECTICUT ASAP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ameracauna-momma, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ameracauna-momma

ameracauna-momma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2008
    Litchfield, CT
    Need a new home for a 4 year old Plymouth Barred Rock hen, still laying. She has just been targeted by our roo for some reason and now he's brutalizing her. She's in hiding all day under the coop, and her head feathers have been plucked out. Need a new home asap!!! Email or call 860.567.8748!!!
    Amanda and Brian
    Litchfield, CT

2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    why don't you knock the roo off or separate him??? I wish I lived closer....I would take her!

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I can't take her either but hope you can get this fixed soon. Like cjeanean said, why don't you remove the rooster, one way or another?

4. tykris99

tykris99 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2008
    Harwinton
    I have to check with my hubby and as long as my birds wouldn't pick on her I would love to save her for you. My birds are about 21 weeks old and all raised together, I have 2 barred rocks, buff orpington, 2 silkies , and 2 guinea hens which hang with the chicks

5. heyeddah

heyeddah Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Milford Ct
    I am way down on the shore in Milford. If you get desperate ,I may be able to help. I have a strange mix of birds... five month pullet not yet laying, three month mix bird and three three month silkies... of which I have been told by "experts" on this site two are roosters.
    I have room, but not sure how they would all flock. The three monthers all hang together and the five month pullet is a loner. They all live in the same coop and run, they just keep seperate roosts.
    I like the advice to seperate the rooster...?
    I hope you get a solution quick.

6. Kecene

Kecene Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2008
    Orange County NY
    if you still have it. I could pick up this week.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  7. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Find her a home yet? If not, pls let me know.

8. moosey109

moosey109 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2008
    If you still have the chicken i am interested. Let me know.

9. moosey109

moosey109 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by