Need a new home in SoCal!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ocmom, Aug 31, 2008.

1. ocmom

ocmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    We are heartbroken. We are unexpectedly moving to OR and cannot take our new beauties. We have 5 Jersey Giants about 3 months old, 2 Turkens about 10 weeks, and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes about 10 weeks. Also, 2 RIRs, 2 Barred Rocks and 1 Buff about 8 weeks. All have been on medicated feed and isolated from neighbor chickens. They are healthy wonderful girls and were are sooooo sad that our new chicken experience has been cut short. They were intended to be layers and "pets."
    I need them to have a GREAT home.
    They seem to hang out in two groups: the 9 older girls stick together and the 8 week olds keep to themselves. Maybe 2 different homes???
    We are in Silverado Canyon, CA and would need someone to pick up. I have some feed and some food grade de. I hope someone can help.
    Thanks!
    P.S.
    My 4 year old wants everyone to know their names. Here goes: Princesses Annelise, Erika, Ariel, Jasmine, and Aurora. Marie Antoinette, Anne Boleyn, Snow White, and Cinderella. Pocahontas and Mulan, Tinkerbelle, Minnie and Chicken Little.

2. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    so sorry to hear you can't keep your babies. [​IMG]

where in Oregon are you going to be?

3. ocmom

ocmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    Hi! We will be moving to Shady Cove, Oregon. It is beautiful, in the Rogue Valley, and most of my family is in the area. We had an opportunity we couldn't refuse and it will also allow me to "look after" [​IMG] lol my aging father. So, it is all good, just FAST! And, we are sad about our girls!
    We just drove through your beautiful area. My hubby has fished there.

4. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    You'll be living in a really beautiful area!

Are you able to bring any chickens with you to sell/give away once you get to Oregon?

[​IMG]

5. ocmom

ocmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Southern Oregon
    Yes, so beautiful.
    We will be renting and not able to keep them there. So, hopefully something will work out down here.

6. CA Bean

CA Bean Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh how funny those are some similar names my 4yr old is also naming our chickies.. haha!
    I would take them in a heart beat if you are driving up my way..Central Coast CA- Salinas area.[​IMG] Just thougth I would throw it out there..you are probably not driving it.

7. lovinthechickens

lovinthechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    northern SD county, CA
    I could take a few! Im in escondido...

8. Wood's Farm

Wood's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Running Springs, CA
    I am very tempted but I am already over my limit. I hope you find someone soon.

9. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    When you move up here do you think you can move them with you and head near Eugene,OR???
    [​IMG]

I would love your silver laced and others!
    I will take them off your hands. LOL!

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I live in Norco, I could take several. Would love the silver laced wyandottes, maybe the giants too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by