Need a pair of Royal Plam Turkeys for Christmas in N. ARK

printboy63

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
Henderson, Arkansas
Hello folks,
I just found and joined this site so I hope I'm in the right place. I would like to find a pair of Royal Palm Turkeys, maybe more than a pair, and I know it's hard now but I'd love to find some chicks or even eggs. Our Turkey was killed by a savage dog. He was the best. What a personality he had! He is sorely missed. Even our Schwan's and UPS drivers miss him.

We would like to try raising some again but have no idea where I could find some. I would like to make them a Christmas present so I'm under the gun now. I live in North Central Arkansas, near Mountain Home and can travel wherever. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much for any help!

--Kevin
big_smile.png

I have a Royal Palm Tom that I do not want to keep past breeding season but that won't help you because there is 1000 miles and a border between us.
I suspect the personality yours had was because he was raised from a very young age. They are easy to tame when you hatch them and handle them and feed them treats. When you get a mature turkey that has not had that close human contact, it will try to avoid you.
My advise is to wait for hatching eggs or poults.

Last edited:
If you are willing to drive to southern illinois just across the river from Cape Girardeau Mo I can fix u right up. I have 2 toms and 4 hens that are 6 months old that I am willing to sell. I can give you a deal on them by pair, trio or all. These are really nice looking birds on hi protein feed and cracked corn that will have eggs running out of your ears come spring.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom