BrahmaMom1797

Songster
May 18, 2017
IMG_5318.JPG
IMG_5112.JPG

My polish hen is going to be the only hen in my coup alone and my other chickens are paired off. Her second half was a rooster that we sadly had to let our friend have(we can't have him in our neighborhood). I'm afraid if she's left out of a pair she'll get picked on or possibly become lonely? In need of a young hen, around 4 to 5 months? Must be docile since there are children constantly around and as cheap as possible. I enjoy bantam birds, but layers aren't bad if their personalities are good! I live in the Santa Cruz, CA area, nearer to Felton, CA. If anyone has one or knows if a hen near there. Let me know!!! (That's my girl in the picture)

I love polishes! She looks beautiful to. :) I am sorry I don't have any companions for your little girl... but I would advise getting another crested breed for her companion if you can... Breeds that are alike usually get along the better and form bonds quicker than they do with breeds that are more drastically different. :) I hope you find a good one!

Just a side note... Have you checked Craigslist? I see a lot of young pullets for very little... sometimes even free at this time of year. :)

I love polishes! She looks beautiful to. :) I am sorry I don't have any companions for your little girl... but I would advise getting another crested breed for her companion if you can... Breeds that are alike usually get along the better and form bonds quicker than they do with breeds that are more drastically different. :) I hope you find a good one!

Just a side note... Have you checked Craigslist? I see a lot of young pullets for very little... sometimes even free at this time of year. :)
I have checked Craigslist, but closest hens are nearly three hours away or too young. I will keep checking though.

Back
Top Bottom