need a quick answer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crazy Rooster, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Crazy Rooster

Crazy Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2010
    Farmersville Texas
    have 6 out of 10 hatched 1 yesterday arou nd 3pm and 5 more around 5am this morning i have a still air bator and they seem not to be drying can i move them to a heat lamp quickly if i wrapp them in a dry warm clothe or should i just leave them they are making a huge mess and one chick is huge compared to the others he is walking all over the others

2. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I will probably get slammed on this one... but I always pull my babies out after they hatch. They do much better for ME when I move them to the brooder.

I open, my hubby grabs the chick... we close quickly and get right under the light.

Best of luck.

Diana

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Hehehe I just posted this same question, just worded differently. Thanks for answering it! [​IMG]

4. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    ive heard this may work but you could possibly use a hair dryer never tryed it

5. Buugette

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I've used a hair dryer also to bring the temp in the brooder up quickly. Low heat and low fan.

D

6. BerrytangleFarm

BerrytangleFarm British and Scandinavian Poultry

Our little one stayed in overnight after she hatched in the still air and didn't quite fluff out, but was mostly dry. We put her in the brooder and she was fine. I read somewhere that they don't fluff out as much in a still air.

7. Buugette

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    My main problem is that I am impatient. I most likely do EVERYTHING wrong when I hatch, but I still get chicks... I find it impossible to keep my hands off the bator when they are hatching. And once they hatch... I want them out. I have left them in a couple times, but the humidity seems to keep them wet.

I also had one come out all gooey and sticky... he had his first bath at 5 minutes old. He is big, strong and beautiful now.

D

8. Crazy Rooster

Crazy Rooster Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2010
    Farmersville Texas
    in my brooder is only a heat lamp no fan is this ok

9. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    for a brooder yeah your fine for a bator its easier with a fan
    Quote: