Need a Thanksgiving turkey in North Carolina . . .

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wolfpacker, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Anyone near Raleigh know where I can get a REAL free-range turkey for Thanksgiving. I'll need it processed.

Thanks.

2. Sharbach5

Sharbach5 New Egg

Jul 5, 2007
    Chocowinity
    Hello there, I am just outside of Greenville, NC and we are raising some Thanksgiving turkeys. We have a small farm. Let me know if you still need one.
    S and S Poultry
    Sharon in NC

3. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    Sorry to be so long in responding. We have been extremely busy lately with a parent in the hospital, visitors from out of town, and a bathroom remodel.

Thanks for the offer, but my wife and one of our visitors went to the farmers market Saturday while her husband and I were at the State/Clemson debacle and she ordered a turkey from a nearby farm.

4. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Sorry, just saw this thread or would have responded earlier. I know Shady Grove Farm in Chatham county has turkeys (among other birds).

http://www.theshadygrovefarm.com/new_page_16.htm

We were thinking about getting our turkey from there this year. They are nice people.

5. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    Quote:ps - I am trying to block this memory. It was too painful to watch the first time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by