Need advice asap

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by storminstaffs, Sep 20, 2010.

1. storminstaffs

storminstaffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Durham, UK
    my chick piped last night (thing that what you call it anyway) and well it's done nothing since, and well its coming out the wrong end so i took a little of the shell off to help out a little and well i decided to candle to find this

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6825890&l=8cfe0e70fb&id=517324679

does this main it hasn't pipped the air cell, what can i do to help it as i think its a little squished to the small end, i've got it wrapped in a damp paper towel and keep damping the membrane every so often to keep it moist, it did bleed abit when i accidently piereced a part of the membrane away from where the beak it sticking out, will it be okay?

2. little brown hen

little brown hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Camp Point, Ill
    I'm sure it will be fine just keep is moist and put it back in the incubator. If it doesn't peck it's way out in a day you might want to help it some, but if you see any blood stop cover it with a moist cloth and put it back in the incubator and repeat after a day Good Luck!!!

3. storminstaffs

storminstaffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Durham, UK
    well the outcome wasn't good, as it hasn't made it, i opened up the egg and it looked really funny shape and the yolk hadn't been absorbed fully, i'm sad as it looked like it would of been a lovely chick when fluffy as it was yellow with black spots of colour

Don't think im going to try using a incubator any time soon, as out of all 6 eggs only 1 went to 21 days - going to leave it to the broodies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by