need advice for pet sitter

brookwoodpat

Songster
11 Years
May 11, 2008
I have to go away from a Friday night to a Sunday afternoon. normally, I let my ten seven week old chickens out to free range during the day, and close them up in their coop at night (it's a chick-n-barn with a yard on one side and a 4 X 3 wire pen on the other. This is more or less temporary housing because I am still not sure on a final coop -- where it should be, how big, what style, etc.

These chickens have a total of about 50 square feet when you add the coop and the two attached pens. Would it be cruel to keep them locked up there from Friday night to Sunday -- late afternoon. I was thinking of having the chicken sitter come twice on saturday to let them out and then put them back, but it's riskier than if I keep them locked up.

I think they would be just fine. They might go a little stir crazy since they are used to the big world, but it would definitely be safer than leaving them completely unattended. It's not like they can't get any time out and will be completely cooped up in darkness. They can just be in their yard/pen, but will be safe.
smile.png

well, i'll throw my to cents in, since i don't have a nickel lol make sure whoever the pet sitter is that they have animals aswell, also take a look at their animals you can always tell if they're good pet owners by the pets apperance and personality

Back
Top Bottom