Need advice...New chick looks really sick...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jenni22776rn, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    I bought home 7 week old Buff Orpington chicks today...one has what looks like a broken toe..the end of her toe is black and the toe is deformed..does not seem to bother her and the store gave her to me free because of the injury...but once I bought them home I noticed one little chick is lethergic...she eats and drinks and moves around...but does not peep..and sleeps most of the time. She is kind of fluffed up more than the others and sits there with her eyes closed..I gave them all electrolytes and medcicated feed..any adice as to what it could be?

2. Sugar water? that could help, but if electroylightes didnt work i doubt it would

She prolly has an infection

3. KimKimWilliamso

KimKimWilliamso Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    Nanton, AB, Canada
    One of my Buff Orps started behaving this way shortly after arriving here, and the man I purchased my chicks from suggested Tetracyclin Powder for thier water for a few days (I hope Im spelling that right) and she perked right up after one day, and now all of them are doing great :)

4. jenni22776rn

jenni22776rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Central Maine
    We lost the little chick this morning...she was very peacful and passed in my hand...at least she died in a home with a name..R.I.P little Mary..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by