Need advice on birds I potentially get Vowerks, Nankins, LB Leghorns

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WIChookchick, Dec 14, 2010.

1. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Songster

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    There is a hatchery near me, that has these chicks, they would be at home till well fledged, but I have a variety of birds in two coops.
    vowerk, light brown leghorn, Nankin. SO I was thinking two LB leghorn or 2 Vowerks, 1 leghorn, and 1 Nankin...
    In one I have silkies, OEG bantams, 1 polish crested bantam, 1 americauna who likes them better than the other big birds, and 1 cross bred (homebred) cockeral (large size)
    The other coop has 1 cochin, 1 SLW, 2 Leghorn, 1 Australorp, 1 black sex link, 2 Red Star, 1 polish bantam, and a WCB polish rooster.

I would like to know how well these birds fit in with the certain breeds/sizes I have.
    Thanks in Advance
    Carol

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010

2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Songster

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I can't stand Brown leghorns, I will never get them again! They are so flighty and skiddish. Americana's and bantams are great!

3. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Songster

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Pls I need opinions on these breeds

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Well very few people have these breeds, especially Nakins and Vorwerks, though I plan to add these too breeds soon, so you're not going to get many responces because not many have experience with them and I'm actually suprised you found a hatchery that has all three of them. What hatchery is it ?

However Lund Poultry on here does have all three of those breeds and would probably be a great source to tell you the ups and downs of all three if you PM them and ask. Here is their website. http://www.lundpoultry.com/breedsandsales.htm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by