Need advice on chicken tractors

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JustAChickenLittle&More, Dec 9, 2010.

1. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Alright all my chicken buds, I need some Chicken Tractor Suggestions or coop suggestions. I want to be able to keep some of my breeds separately, but have a way to move them from place to place IF POSSIBLE. So...I need some ideas on the best way to do this. I have or will have when hatched; Silkies, cochins, frizzles, sussex and BO. I would like to keep the silkies separate for sure, and the cochins/frizzles possibly together. Then I would "like" to keep all the other breeds separate too, but that is not as necessary as the silkies, cochins and frizzles. I hope this makes sense. It would be ideal to be able to have a chicken tractor(s), but I wouldn't want more then two so how would I go about that? I am talking about 25 hens and two roosters (silkies) and 25 hens and two roosters (cochins/frizzles). Then probably a pen for the sussex and a pen for the BO. Oh and I also got surprised with one polish and one americana. [​IMG] So who would you put them in with. LOL! Decisions. ?????

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Whoops, meant to say that I would also install a run for the chickens whether in tractors or whatever. Each breed would have their own run of course.

3. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by