Need advice on eggs!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by petcrazy, Sep 2, 2016.

1. petcrazy

petcrazy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2016
    My ducks are laying malformed rubber eggs. I started giving them oyster shell but they won't eat it, so I put it in a wate bowl and they will drink the water. I feed them 16% layer feed and they are free range all day. They just started laying about a month ago. Please tell me this will get better. I have 3 pekins and only 1 is laying normal eggs. What are they missing?[​IMG]

2. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    I just sprinkle my oyster shell on top of their food in the bowl. I know a lot of people put it in a bowl and have it free choice. You might also give them broken up egg shells that will give them calcium too.

1 person likes this.
  3. petcrazy

petcrazy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2016
    No one will probably ever believe this but after she laid one if these eggs I noticed that she was laying down a lot and still acting like she was trying to pass an egg. I brought her in and put her in warm water in the bath tub and let her sit there for about 30 minutes and she laid another egg. I took her back outside where she proceeded to lay an egg yolk. No shell, just the yolk. She is still laying down and still acting like she is trying to lay another egg! Is this even possible????

4. nursejenn

nursejenn Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Woah that's crazy. Maybe her ovulation is not yet normalized itself. Happens to humans, why not birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by