Need advice on how to stop Roosters from Fighting

Mom2eastereggers

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2019
Hello,
I need some advice on how to Get my Easter egger Roosters to Stop fighting. The fighting Started out of the blue Yesterday. Before yesterday, they had been staying in the same coop without any problems. They are from the same flock (brothers) so I'm not sure Why they are fighting. My One Rooster has some type of Eye injury..Where the white of his right eye is swollen and kind of Poking out of his eyelid. I'm very worried something serious is wrong with it but am not sure how to treat it. I have separated both of my Roosters to make sure they dont Kill each other..If anyone has any Advice I would Love to hear from you! Thank you!

How big is the coop?
How big is the run?
How many hens do they have access to?
Are there any hens they can see but not access?
How old are they?

Photos of the eye injury would be good.

Are they in a bachelor pad, or do you have hens as well within the flock? If there are hens, roosters will often fight over them. If the aggression is violent, I would suggest rehoming one.
I am so sorry you are experiencing this.....:hugs

Are they in a bachelor pad, or do you have hens as well within the flock? If there are hens, roosters will often fight over them. If the aggression is violent, I would suggest rehoming one.
I am so sorry you are experiencing this.....:hugs

It's a Bachelor pad...I just checked my One Roosters eye and Cleaned it with warm water...It looks like he can see out of it..the white part is just real swollen.

They are Free range for the most part..I only coop them at night so nothing eats them..I will add a picture of the pin..and There are no Hens.

Back
Top Bottom