NEED ADVICE PLEASE! SICK CHICKEN!!!

eaw713

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2019
So I am new to chickens, got 4
Silkie chicks straight run from a local breeder approx 5 months ago. Ended up with 2 roosters and 2 pullets. One rooster hit puberty I guess and started trying to mate with one of the pullets a few weeks ago, we separated him after a day or two because he was being so rough with her and she was really scared of him. Fast forward to now and she isn’t acting like herself. Droopy wings, seems a little unsteady, drops her head. BUT she is eating and drinking, constantly purring, I have the other pullet in with her because they don’t like to be separated from each other. Poop seems normal, I have been giving Vet RX, vitamins in water that have electrolytes and probiotics. Also treated for coccidia just in case. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
thank you!

Droopy wings, seems a little unsteady, drops her head. BUT she is eating and drinking, constantly purring, I have the other pullet in with her because they don’t like to be separated from each other. Poop seems normal, I have been giving Vet RX, vitamins in water that have electrolytes and probiotics. Also treated for coccidia just in case.
How long has she been droopy?
Can you post some photos of her and her poop?
What did you use to treat for Coccidia?

Did you mix the vitamins and electrolytes with the Coccidia medicine?
What is purring - can you get a recording of the sound? Is it like a wheezing sound, rales, etc.?

What do you feed including treats?

How long has she been droopy?
Can you post some photos of her and her poop?
What did you use to treat for Coccidia?

Did you mix the vitamins and electrolytes with the Coccidia medicine?
What is purring - can you get a recording of the sound? Is it like a wheezing sound, rales, etc.?

What do you feed including treats?
Thank you for your response, but she passed away last night.

Thank you for your response, but she passed away last night.
Sorry that you lost your pullet. You could keep the body cool, and take or send her in to your state poultry vet for a necropsy to find a cause of death. It would be good to identify anything that might affect your other chickens. Here is a list of state vets to contact:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm.

Back
Top Bottom