Need advice to help my girls

We moved a little over a year ago.

The Reds and cinnamons were the most affected. One of the Barred gets the yellow diarrhea.
Reds were just a bit over 2 in May when I had the first issue.
One of the 2 year olds was blowing bubbles through nose. But I kind of think that was the one with sour crop after treatment. I do remember seeing something fly out of one when she sneezed but just can‘T be sure if it was the one with sour crop or not.

First treatment of Corid in May I did conversion wrong and only gave 1 teaspoon liquid per gallon and no other water access. 7 days

by June same birds same symptoms. Googled got this site and did it 2 teaspoons liquid per gal 7 days no other access. They recovered beautifully.

Now just a few days ago my RI/same bird standing alone again in corner, kind of spacey, closing eyes when standing up, body moves more then others when laying down and breathing, head shake here and there, has that dumpy slow waddle doesn’t run and again messy yellow white butt. One Barred made that liquid poop sound right in front of me yesterday and it was yellow and white. It isn’t bad yet but if history repeats itself it’s going to get a lot worse.

I did change feed from agway where I used to live to tractor supply here. I try to still go to agway when I can but they do get what TS offers sometimes. I did just feed medicated chick feed to the old girls when I first got the chicks in May. And recently put them back on layer feed from agway.

The new Americanas are 4 months old. Purchased at Tractor Supply all others at agway. The first outbreak was before I had the new ones. They are in a separate coop and run and haven’t been in contact with the big girls until recently. I let them all out in the yard every few days at the same time. I only started-this when everyone seemed well. To get them used to each other. Babies do run into the large run now when they are loose and visa versa. Babies are on medicated chick feed and all are on hydro hen3in1. And fresh water. I started giving yogurt once a week to all after reading an article about sour crop and Corid.
Thank you

Louise in her corner just now. Eyes closed

Attachments

• E1B6CD7A-F997-4984-AFA4-FCA32777A4D0.jpeg
    E1B6CD7A-F997-4984-AFA4-FCA32777A4D0.jpeg
    912.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 9D8564B1-15D4-4388-A82C-1E124BB1E9C3.jpeg
    9D8564B1-15D4-4388-A82C-1E124BB1E9C3.jpeg
    692.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 62663DFD-7B81-4D40-8371-C8D3F72EA23B.jpeg
    62663DFD-7B81-4D40-8371-C8D3F72EA23B.jpeg
    810.2 KB · Views: 7
Yellowish liquid stool

Attachments

• C039D7B4-D8D2-4902-8AB4-DEE10CD5DD2C.jpeg
    C039D7B4-D8D2-4902-8AB4-DEE10CD5DD2C.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 7
  • D5858EEB-80F9-4430-AC97-EF00193E3465.jpeg
    D5858EEB-80F9-4430-AC97-EF00193E3465.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2B0271AF-7139-4C3B-8EE7-7E776522C832.jpeg
    2B0271AF-7139-4C3B-8EE7-7E776522C832.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 8
Where do you live? What symptoms are you seeing? Can you take some droppings in to a vets to do a fecal float? What do the droppings look like? Do you have any pictures of the chickens or the droppings? Are you trying to keep their bedding as clean and dry as possible? They may need to be treated with a severe outbreak dosage of Corid, followed by 1/4 of that dosage for an additional 5-7 days. Sometimes a sulfa antibiotics may be needed if the strain is resisitant to Corid. Have you lost any chickens to it?

I’m sorry I can’t help, but I will sincerely offer you consolation. As you’ve already seen, there are lots of very knowledgeable folks here who are awesomely generous with their time and expertise. I’ll be following your thread to learn what I can.

And I will say that while I’m sorry it’s under these circumstances, I am SO happy you’ve joined our flock. Over time it will be a source of education, inspiration and entertainment. Welcome🤗

Welcome to BYC sorry for the problems. It sounds like it is time to have a necropsy done on a dying/recently dead bird to find out exactly what is going on with them. Good luck in finding a resolution. Provide your state location, and perhaps someone can find a lab near you. @casportpony can you help here ?
Where do you live? What symptoms are you seeing? Can you take some droppings in to a vets to do a fecal float? What do the droppings look like? Do you have any pictures of the chickens or the droppings? Are you trying to keep their bedding as clean and dry as possible? They may need to be treated with a severe outbreak dosage of Corid, followed by 1/4 of that dosage for an additional 5-7 days. Sometimes a sulfa antibiotics may be needed if the strain is resisitant to Corid. Have you lost any chickens to it?
I cleaned out coop last month power washed

I am not good on the site yet are you able to see things when I reply to someone else like pictures or do I need to just post them for all with the same questions?

I was wondering if I could treat at a higher dose? The directions on my jug are not super clear. I also thought I read somewhere that the parasite becomes resistant to the Corid. I am also now afraid of sour crop. I lost one to sour crop right after the second treatment. I did massage her crop. She vomited I separated her but found dead the next morning.
One with no symptoms at all died recently. The one that always starts with symptoms first got better in quarantine on Corid both times

I live in MA.

Power washed coop last month. Can everyone see when I reply to someone? Not good at this posting yet. I just posted some pictures of the poop on butt.
Lost one that had no symptoms

lost one to sour crop after treatment

One RI is always first with symptoms and worse but always gets better after treatment and quarantine.

I want to try the severe case treatment of Corid but worried about sour crop and directions on jug are not real clear.

Do they still lay at all?

Yellow diarrhea might be due to a liver problem. As this started after you moved to the new home I was wondering if they might have ingested some poisonous plants of the crawfoot family.

Do they still lay at all?

Yellow diarrhea might be due to a liver problem. As this started after you moved to the new home I was wondering if they might have ingested some poisonous plants of the crawfoot family.
The one that seems to always be the worst lays deformed eggs. A soft point on the end of the egg. She may have some permanent damage because when I quarantined her and begin the treatment she was breathing very hard. The treatment always seems to work for a short time that’s why I am still leaning toward coccidiosis. Someone else had suggested trying the severe outbreak dosage of Corid I was just afraid to do that because of sour crop and causing the parasite perhaps to become resistant to the Corid

Poisonous plant will cause diarrhea, dizziness, vomiting, rashes, overall health decline and death. Know what plants are growing on your property so you can deal with it. Just incase it might have been that.

I hope things get better with your sick chickens.

Back
Top Bottom