Need Advice!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by turningchicken, Jul 26, 2010.

1. turningchicken

turningchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    On July1 i nucubated 6 bantam eggs I bought online...on Jyly 8 I added 4 eggs from a neighbor farm. On July 20 and 21 I hatch 4 of my 6,[​IMG] but didn't have the heart to take out the older 4. They went through lockdown with no turning and increased humidity. As soon as I removed the new chicks I cleaned out the bator, lowered the humidity and candled the eggs which all showed live chicks. Now is day 18 for my last 4 eggs. Do I lockdown and raise humidity? Tried candling last night, but so dark inside couldn't see movement, but a well defined air sac. [​IMG] I know from reading on here after the fact that I was playing with fire. Since there is no bad odor should I go ahead as usual?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I'm going into lockdown today and I candled last night. I could see movement in about half of mine but the other half sound like yours... Too full and dark to see anything. I'm just assuming that they're in there and ok since the airsacks look good! I haven't done a staggered hatch but from what I have seen here on the subject you shoudl just put them into lockdown like you normally would on day 18.

Good luck, I hope your hatch goes great!

3. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    I would if I were you just do as normal. I went through the same thing last week. I had my 10 silkie eggs in the bator it was day 21 and one had hatched. I was so excited, but a few days later my new baby died. None of the others hatched so I'm trying it again. It was hard to take them out of the bator. It was all black inside with a full developed air cell but finally I took them out and cracked them. They were fully developed I dont know what went wrong. BEST OF LUCK!!!!!

4. turningchicken

turningchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Thanks for the input. Soooo sorry about your babies. I don't even know where I'll put my 4, but I am so anxious to do this again. One of my 4 new hatches is a silkie and I am so thrilled with how it looks. (My first silkie) I so wanted to succeed with a serama but they didn't make it. I hope to try them again. I guess I'll know in a few days, huh? Keep you posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by