need advice

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dbrberry, Jun 8, 2008.

1. dbrberry

dbrberry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    how do i get my bantams to stop sleeping in their nesting boxes? i am new to this and wasn't aware they we're not supposed to. now i know the roosts needs to be away from the nesting boxes but what i have are to small coops. is it ok to put nesting boxes in one and roosts in the other? also i thought they would know what the nesting boxes we're for. do they need to be trained or something? any advice would be helpful. also which are better egg layers bantams or regular chickens?

2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    The roosts don't need to put "away" from the nest boxes. They need to be put "higher" than the nestboxes, that's all. I personally don't see roosts in one coop and nests in another working out very well.

If you can take a picture of both coops and we'll be able to help with solutions to your problem.

How old are your birds?

-Kim

3. dbrberry

dbrberry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    not really for sure on ages either. they guy who i bought them from didn't tell me anything really and i didn't know to ask. i have pics if that would help tell the age? here is where you can see the pictures. i was trying to find out for sure what i had. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=59881

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by