1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Americana Roo, SW MO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JudyMcKinn, Jun 26, 2007.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    My year plus old Americana roo was laying under the roost dead a couple weeks ago. If anyone in the Springfield, MO area (I am 30 miles N. of Springfield) has a young, healthy Americana roo hunting for a home, i might be able to help you out. I don't want him till after July 8th, when company leaves, so shouldn't be writing this yet, I guess, but........
    I have 22 hens, mostly Americana. I can't imagine what happened to Ralph. He was healthy-seeming, not thin, had no mites or lice, and no predators can get into my pen. He was just laying dead under the roost, not a feather out of place, as tho he just toppled off in his sleep. Heart attack? Anyway, am considering another roo, if anyone has a pretty one in this area, that is young and needing a good home.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Well if you feel like taking a road trip after your company leaves.........I have a beauty. I just finally convinced myself that he is in fact a rooster. I think he is so beautiful i have been planning to keep him. I thought if the right home came along, i would let him go. New England really is gorgeous......take a ride and bring back a new rooster. If you go to my posts and look at the one 'another hen or roo question' you can see his pics. I think he must be an EE.

3. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Same here.....I have a beauty -he's gorgeous. He is 9 to 10 weeks and a lovley roo that needs a home badly. Sheesh [​IMG] I wish you lived closer

I finally admitted he was a roo too last week after he "tried" his best to crow [​IMG] I love him, but don't have the right home for him- yet

4. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Schmoo, is yours pictured on here anywhere?

5. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Lurky--that is definately a pretty boy, but guess he is a bit too far away. LOL I'd love to take a drive to the area, but we drove to see a daughter in Las Vegas a little over a Month ago, and then just got back from a drive to Yellowstone last week, so our vacation budget is about shot for a while. LOL

6. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Well, ya never know. If i did not mention it, i probably would have read a post about your trip to new england and i woulda wished i had told ya. I am not going to advertise him, but i have no need for him and i am not supposed to have a rooster where i live. I pay enough taxes that i will keep him as long as i want to LOL

7. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    No Lurky, but I was planning on taking a pic of him to put on here. I really need to get rid of him, but if I can't find him a home -he stays [​IMG] I am hoping someone on here wants him. I'll take that pic soon.

8. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    How far are you from Chilicothe MO? Around the first of August my hubby has to take his some back to his moms in CHilicothe. I have a real nice looking roo, I am ot sure if he is pure Americana, never really looked that close. I have a large americana roo that runs this one around all the time so he really needs a new home. I think he is planning on taking him back Sunday the 5th. I am not positive just yet though. The only thing is that you would have to meet him right away and not be late since it is a 5 hr trip one way for us so he cant be waiting around. I will post pics if you are interested. Jenn

9. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Hi, Jenn
    UNfortunately, it is about3 or 4 hours from us--I live in SW MO, and Chillicothe is in N. MO, up a little north and some east of Kansas City. Little too far to drive for a rooster, considering the price of gas. Thanks for thinking of me, tho.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by