1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need an Adult Male Cayuga Duck - Will Pay Shipping to Rosharon TX!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ckovalch, Sep 17, 2009.

1. ckovalch

ckovalch New Egg

Sep 17, 2009
    Rosharon TX
    Does anyone have an adult Cayuga drake for my female? She needs a mate, or I need to re-home her with other ducks. We have chickens and geese, she gets along well with the chickens but flirts with the goose and the goose pair are biting her backside terribly! We live south of Houston TX. Cindy K.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It would help if you put your state in the subject line, then someone in your area would see it better [​IMG] Or that you are willing to ship, if you are...

Hope you find one, you can always get a different breed, and it doesn't even have to be a drake. Have you checked at a local livestock auction?

3. ckovalch

ckovalch New Egg

Sep 17, 2009
    Rosharon TX
    Thanks for tips - I will put my location in subject line (Houston TX) in future posts, don't know how to edit/add to subject line of this post. All I've been able to find at the stores are baby ducklings...don't need any more babies right now (we have six peeps just hatched in the nursery pen), my Dafney really needs a boyfriend her age! Cindy K.
    ok - I just figured out how to edit my previous post (hit edit key, duh)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  4. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Just click the 'edit' button on the first post and you can change the subject line that way [​IMG] It took me a while to figure that one out too [​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Have you tried Holderreads? They are a bit pricey, but they have very nice birds. I don't know if they are shipping yet, but that might be an option if you can't find one [​IMG]

6. ckovalch

ckovalch New Egg

Sep 17, 2009
    Rosharon TX
    Thank you! I've never heard of Holderreads (this forum is turning out to be very helpful!). I found Holderreads website, called them and she said they could ship in mid October. I'm mailing payment today (they don't take credit cards!). I never thought it would be so hard to find an adult drake. If I was looking for a rooster, I'd get inundated with offers just from my local area. Thanks again!
    Cindy k.

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I know what you mean, I've been looking for some roosters all summer, never in my life have I had trouble finding roosters!! [​IMG] But still I'm not finding them. And they aren't even rare, just some OEGB, japanese, and silkies [​IMG] Now once I do get some everyone will have them, that's just how this works [​IMG]

Glad you found a boy!! You will be very happy with birds from Holderreads!

8. Livinzoo

Livinzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Statham, GA
    I see you found holderreads. I have an order in for some girls from them. I have an excess of boys. I have never shipped adults birds but if for some reason holderreads does not work out I'd be willing to try.

9. tbooher1

tbooher1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Montabla
    I have a caygua drake for you. I think the shipping will be expensive, do you have a box you could mail me??? I hate to just buy one box, its craxy that way. Let me know. IF you are interested I can post a picture. He is good at his job. My ladys like him.

Theresa
    Johnsonville Ranch
    East Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by