Need an ADULT mille fleur D'uccle rooster or two, any color.

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Lorilyn Farms, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Lorilyn Farms

Lorilyn Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Rogue River, Oregon
    I no longer need a rooster, thanks everyone!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. dickhorstman

dickhorstman Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Dec 8, 2009
    burgettstown,pa
    I have Whites,Mille Fleurs, & Gold Necks. "horstmanspoultry.com

3. Lorilyn Farms

May 29, 2012
    Rogue River, Oregon
    I don't need chicks, I have plenty of those. Looking for an adult rooster, about a year old.

4. ChickNmamma

ChickNmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

I have one you can have, if you can figure out a way to get him to you. I purchased 4 MF from McMurray, and 2 from the feedstore, and I got 4 roosters and one hen (one hen died). I gave my mother the four roosters, she took 2 to New Mexico and left 2 here - in a cage with 4 other roosters and 1 hen. One was killed by her roosters, and I rescued the one left. The 2 she took to New Mexico did well at the fair there, I think one got 1st in the feather-legged division. I don't know his quality, but if you want him you can have him. I tried to get a picture, but it is difficult as he is in a cage with a broody hen and 4 babies, if I let him out the other roosters all pick on him. If you think he looks good enough - let me know and I will catch him tonight and put him in a small cage so I can take better pictures. I am in Northern California.
    [​IMG]

5. Lorilyn Farms

May 29, 2012
    Rogue River, Oregon
    Yes, I would be interested. Can you take better pictures? How is his foot feathering? I'm glad he's not a bully, he'll get along well with my group. Where are you in Cali? I'm in S.Oregon. If it's not too far, I might drive down there this weekend to pick him up. Thanks for answering my want ad.

6. ChickNmamma

I am in Jackson, California - just slightly inland from Sacramento. His foot feathering is there, he has gotten it muddy and broken off in the cage he is living in. I will go catch him - he's roosting now, and bring him inside and put him in a cage and see if I can't get some better pictures.

Well, I caught him and brought him in, and he was fine until he realized he could move - then.. well.. So here are a few shots before he decided to go perch on my computer - then the light....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  7. Lorilyn Farms

May 29, 2012
    Rogue River, Oregon
    He looks great! i don't think he's a belgian d'uccle because of his wattles and no beard, but he's close enough. Okay, I just looked and it's an 6-8 hour drive. That would eat up my entire weekend, leaving no time for homework. Do you have a box to ship him in? My next paycheck is next Wednesday, so i could pay for shipping them. Do you use paypal?

8. ChickNmamma

I don't think he is a Belgian either, just a regular d'Uccle. I don't have a live chicken shipping box, and I don't have the required permits to ship live chickens... [​IMG] I know its a long drive too. If you are coming to the Stockton show in two weeks I can bring him there, I will be there Saturday, or if you know of anybody in your area coming down this way for the show that can pick him up?

9. Lorilyn Farms

May 29, 2012
    Rogue River, Oregon
    Okay, that show sounds like fun. Never been to one. What day are you going? I might drive down friday and leave saturday.

10. ChickNmamma

I haven't been to a chicken show before either - and it does sound like fun.

I am planning on being there Saturday the 26th.. so that would work. Shall we say tentatively about 10 am at the main entrance to the show? Bring a crate or a cat carrier - that's what I have been using to transport chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by