Need an answer quickly! Does a cat know......?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Nov 28, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When I went to bed last night we had three inside cats - Bug, Kitty and KiKi and one outside cat - Cuatro. When I woke up this morning we had four inside cats, zero outside cats. [​IMG] Cuatro snuck in on DH when he was leaving for work and he didn't bother to put her out.

I put her out when I got up and she snuck back in when I came home from the feedstore. Apparently Cuatro walks where even the devil wouldn't dare, between the legs of our two german shepherds when we are letting them out. She blends in real well. [​IMG]

So Cuatro is asleep on the couch where she's been all afternoon. I just overheard DH telling her that if she's lucky mama will let her stay in all night. Tonight's low is supposed to be in the low 30s.

I need to know something. Bug realized where the litter box was by following KiKi and Kitty. Will Cuatro also know where the litter box is? I tried showing her, but she ran out of the bathroom like her tail was on fire. I'll have to get another litter box this week, what with four cats and the elephant that I'm sure sneaks in during the night to use it. [​IMG]

PLEASE NOTE: Imp, your input on this matter is not needed. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    Well, it has been a long while since I grew up in houses that had invisible signs reading "Attention all strays! Ma and the girls will feed you, find a spot for you to sleep and otherwise see to your comfort. Cats, dogs, wayward teens, all are welcome!" or something like that--we never saw the signs, just knew they must've been there [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure the other kitties will let Cuatro know where to find things. And if not, do you have a doghouse? I don't know how things work in your family, but it seems to me, that if DH was telling her that, that he will clean up after her, should mistakes occur. And, if somehow that duty is shirked, simply show him to the aforementioned doghouse. [​IMG]

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Nic&Chickies :

Well, it has been a long while since I grew up in houses that had invisible signs reading "Attention all strays! Ma and the girls will feed you, find a spot for you to sleep and otherwise see to your comfort. Cats, dogs, wayward teens, all are welcome!" or something like that--we never saw the signs, just knew they must've been there [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure the other kitties will let Cuatro know where to find things. And if not, do you have a doghouse? I don't know how things work in your family, but it seems to me, that if DH was telling her that, that he will clean up after her, should mistakes occur. And, if somehow that duty is shirked, simply show him to the aforementioned doghouse. [​IMG]

I take in stray dogs, cats, chickens, any other animal. Stray teens are shot on sight. I'd take in a rabid raccoon before I'd deal with one of those things. [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You can safely surmise Cuatro does know where the Little Kitty's Room is located in your house. And yes, you WILL need a second facility for the cats. Otherwise, the discriminating feline nose will choose another location, oh, say, perhaps, the bath mat.

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Should I secretly record my DH who at this moment is saying (in an abnormally high pitched tone) Here, Kitty Kitty Kitty. Come here Cuatro and let Daddy pet you. [​IMG]

6. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    let daddy clean up the mess if Cuato doesn't choose to use the litterbox [​IMG]

ditto on the rabid raccoon and kids comment [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    [​IMG] Sorry but I had this little video in my head as I was reading your post , stealth Cat or maybe some wicked Silent Ninja Moves [​IMG]

We grew up with one outside cat, as she aged my parents (read as my mother) would try to bring her in when it would get cold at night (no litter box and never thought about it either [​IMG] ) that cat would sit by the door and yowl to be let out, it could be 20 degrees out and she wanted outside..... I think your cat is just seriously smart [​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp- I'm not saying a thing. [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL! Yes, she will figure it out,...
    BUT you have to take her front leg and and "scratch" the litter, when you put her in the box..
    She WILL run out of the room and act all offended...
    but that will help... thats all i have ever needed to do with my cats...

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by