Need answered quick! Hatching babies now! :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by horsekrazy74, Dec 2, 2011.

1. horsekrazy74

horsekrazy74 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    So literally 5 minutes ago my first little bantam baby popped out of his shell![​IMG] But now hes a little fiesty fellow and hes dragging himself all over the incubator and hitting all the other eggs! Could this harm the other babies!?

Thanks soooo much!
    --Katherine

2. JenniferNgo

JenniferNgo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Texas
    I have personally never had a problem with it. I think it gets them excited to come out and play.... [​IMG]

I'm excited for you!!!

3. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    This shouldn't do any damage - DO NOT OPEN THE INCUBATOR - this can seriously damage your hatch!!!!!! Leave your little fellow to fluff out. Chicks can survive fine for 2/3 days in the incubator without eating. They will survive on what they got from the egg. After 2 days when the other eggs have hatched out it is best to pop the little darlings into a brood box.

Do check the right temps to keep your babies at. They can be damaged by too much heat or cold in the brood box.

Oesdog

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    no they will be fine. They always play scoccer with the eggs. IMO it makes the other eggs hatch faster. Once the chicks in the egg hears the cheeping and feels the movement makes them want to come out and see whats going on [​IMG]. I can imagine the first chick is hollering for the others to come out and play [​IMG]

5. SueBaby

SueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Congrats! [​IMG]

I think you just have to let him knock around until the little guy is dry. You don't want to take him out of the 'bator before then. Soon he'll fall asleep after all of that activity. [​IMG]

6. horsekrazy74

horsekrazy74 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Wooo! Thanks guys! Im about to leave to be in a parade tonight! Just wanted to make sure my little babies will all be okay! This little one is definately happy to be out and hes letting it be known! He just wont shut up! [​IMG]

7. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by