1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need antibiotic suggestions

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TherryChicken, Jul 6, 2016.

1. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Or uri, powder only please

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    What is the antibiotic needed for? Different ones treat different issues... :confused:

3. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Uri.. meant for Uri not or Uri sorry. I found it out thank you so much though

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Make sure you get the dosing correct.

-Kathy

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @TherryChicken , I was reading some of your other posts and I think you might have a serious problem. I strongly suggest that you consult with a vet and/or have a necropsy done on one of your deceased birds.

-Kathy

6. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    At first I was told wrong, but now I have been told correct! Thank you :). Before could of been the reason the uri wasn't getting better to begin with
    Thank you but it turns out one died of unknown causes. Another died because it was deformed and wouldn't eat (not my bloodline and stayed indoors away from others) and the other was a cat who also died of heart attack. They had firecrackers that go up in the sky and explode backfire into the street just next door and explode. It caused 1/3rd of the street to go up in smoke. I don't believe I have a serious problem. Thank you very much for being concerned though. Oh for my quail it's turned out to be aggressive breeding so I am getting rid of the aggressor and should solve things.. However if nothing changes (which so far it is) then I deff will be getting some birds in :).

7. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    My poultry are on lock down though till things are solved!!!

8. TherryChicken

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    Curiosity though, what do you think could possibly be wrong?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by