Need Assistance ASAP - Which are Roosters?

Cochaura

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 4, 2011
East Central Minnesota
We have to get rid of most of our young roosters before winter and we just found out tomorrow is the day. We are pretty sure we know which ones are roos (we know the two black ones with big wattles and combs are), but its our buff cochin/EE crosses that have us doubting ourselves. Here is a link to the photos recently taken: we think all of the big ones are roosters - they have such beautiful coloring, I hate to get rid of them. They have their mothers' (EEs) coloring with their dad's feathered feet and one has the fluffy cheeks too. Do you all agree that these are all roos or are some hens?
The other ones we are not sure of are the buff colored ones with the mustaches- we think they are roos but not sure. The other buff colored ones without mustaches seem to be hens. I'm sorry if I sound confusing, but if any of the big brownish ones or buff puffy cheeked ones appear to be hens, please respond! They are 16 weeks old.
https://plus.google.com/photos/1102...ms/5808082410761235665?authkey=COuEpMn729eoTg

All your roos are pretty apparent to me. All the pretty colored ones, of course! The solid buff birds with no combs are pullets as is that pretty grey/blue solid bird and the grey one with the copper hackles.

Thanks again to you all! Those roos are so beautiful, I wish we didn't have to get rid of some of them-in the sunlight their dark tail feathers shimmer green! I was also worried that I was mistaken that they were all roos. I know that having that many roosters a few months from now would be a disaster, so must part with them. All but one are pretty friendly (so far) too:(

Back
Top Bottom