Need assistance on sexing 2 - 3 week old Delawares **New pic**

MadabtChickens

Songster
8 Years
7 Years
Jan 24, 2012
near Branson, MO
I am going to pick up some Deleware chicks this weekend and want to make sure I do the best I can at getting all pullets. Is there any way other than feather sexing to tell? Does anybody have pictures of 2-3 week old pullets and cockerels so maybe I can tell the difference? Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Last edited:
They have single combs, you should get the ones with the smallest combs. At 2-3 weeks old, the cockerals should have larger redder combs

This is the best way at 2-3 weeks. Feather sexing works best on 1-3 day old chicks. The cockerels' combs will be slightly bigger and have the beginnings of pink coming in.

Well, I picked them up today and I've got to say it was really hard. I have no idea what sex(es) I have. I'm thinking maybe they're not as old as the lady says they are. Anyway, here's pics. Do I need to include full body pics also?

I picked the ones with the smallest combs, but most of them looked the same. Anybody have guesses on their sexes?

Okay. I have an idea of 2 of them. The one in the front is a pullet, the one behind her is a cockerel, and the 2 behind them I'm not sure of.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom