Need Baby Hummingbird Formula , Never mind (Released Him) :)

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
My friend brought me a baby hummingbird that had the end of it's beak some what smashed from flying into a window. It is mostly feathered, but I need to know what I can feed it so it can gain it's strength back to be released. I have been giving it small drops of Dextrose, but what should it be getting? Anyone have experience w/ this?
smile.png

Last edited:
There are not many around here and even if I did get a hold of them, it is hard to get birds to them. I have had fed parrots and doves, but not Hummers. It likes the Dextrose, but I was wanting something that meets more of it's needs.
smile.png

Update: It was squeezing out of the bird cage and flying perfectly around the room. IT EVEN WENT TO MY RED VINYL, lol I fed it a bunch of pink lemonade, which it gobbled down, and I placed it in my azalea bushes by the house. I think it is almost grown and can take care of its self just fine. I have a lot of flowering plants and I've seen hummers up by the house on many occasions. I think hitting into the window dazed it a bit, and now it's recovered it's barrings.
smile.png

Humming Birds eat small insect and sip nectar. You can make it sugar water. 1 part sugar 4 parts water. Plain old processed white sugar is the best.

Back
Top Bottom