Need bator/hatcher advice

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WriterofWords, Mar 5, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My Principal asked me to get prices and vendors names for an incubator and hatcher and any supplies I need for my projects. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Kate

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    cutler supply has the genesis hovabator with turner about as cheap as you can find it.

You can also get some pretty high dollar incubator class room packages from carolinabiologicalsupply.com and also from McMurray.

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Murray McMurray has the little 3 egg incubator on their website. Are you wanting a big one or just a tiny one? You could also check ebay out, or your local feed store.

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    The school won't shop in Ebay, I have to have an actual vendor. I'm looking at the Brower top hatch and Hova with the picture window right now. I'd like no smaller than the regular Hova or LG. But I have to find a reputable dealer the school can set up an account with.

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Do you have a Tractor Supply near you? The ones around here sell Little Giant and Brower. Bomgaars also carries them in our area.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You would think being in the middle of a farming area we would have more incubating supplies around here! Unfortunately there are more fighting chickens than yard chickens around. I am searching though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by