need BEST freezer bags or shrink bags 80 meaties soon in freezer

maf2008

Songster
12 Years
Feb 19, 2009
need BEST freezer bags or shrink bags 80 meaties soon in freezer Please someone tell me your ideas for freezer bags? Should I buy off of the shelf and remove air, or get a shrink bag?
hu.gif
Please send me your ideas. I want these chickens to look nice in the freezer not in wrinkled bags... all advice appreciated. Thanks:thumbsup

Good morning. Freezer bags really don't cut it for me. No matter how careful I've been, they've always leaked air fairly soon. Apparently the "zip locks" really don't.

I use shrink bags from Cornerstone Ventures for bigger birds....big fryers, roasters, turkeys, etc.......and Food Saver bags (and machine) for smaller birds....fryers, parts, etc. Both work well for me. No frost burn, and stay airtight well. Both cost more initially than freezer bags, but if you factor in the price of unusable meat further down the line, they're quite a bit cheaper. JMHO. oldbat

Freezer/ziplock bags are AWEFUL. Your birds will be covered in ice within a few months. I just had to turn a bunch of mine into jerky for that very reason. I now use shrink bags from Cornerstone Farms- online. They work great. Your birds look beautiful, like they came from the store, and will last a year, easily. All you do is bag them, then drop the bag in hot water, which instantly shrink wraps it.

Back
Top Bottom