Need breed & gender help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mylilchick, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mylilchick

mylilchick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2013
    Central Florida
    Need help identifying breed & gender for this young bird. I'm a newbie to chickens. I'm learning a lot from BYC. Thank-you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    It's female, I can say that. Breed....I don't know bantams well enough to say what she is or is mixed with, sorry.

3. Iuvmychix

Iuvmychix Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree.It’s a female.From the top it looks a bit like a black star! Then from the side it looks like a mix.Sorry I can’t help more!
    Black star:(not my image)
    [​IMG]

4. Nessabelle

Nessabelle New Egg

Oct 16, 2013
    Where did you get it? Looks like a mix. Similar shape and size to one of mine...golden sebright. Good luck!

Also looks like a pullet.

5. Iuvmychix

Iuvmychix Chillin' With My Peeps

OH YEAH!!!!!!! The words were on the tip of my toungue .It’s a golden sebright.

6. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    It's not a Golden Sebright. The only real characteristic this bird shares with a Sebright is size. Golden Sebrights have very bright gold-red feathers with strong black lacing as well as very distinctive rose combs. I agree with everyone else, I think it's a mixed pullet.

Golden Sebright (not my photo)
    [​IMG]

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Probably a mix. I'd guess that she has some Old English Game in her.

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Looks like a Sebright or Serama mix breed by the size and type of the bird. Maybe has game in her as well.

Definitely a girl.

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    a game mixed pullet

10. mylilchick

mylilchick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2013
    Central Florida
    Thanks everyone. Nessabelle, I got her from a neighbor. He has a lot of different breeds. He gave me several White Laced Red Cornish Bantams, a small black hen with four chicks and this one.
    • Wyandottes7 & Iuvmychix she does look like she has some Old English Game and Black Star in her. What ever she is she's different.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by