1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Breeding help.

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by fgdiii, Oct 16, 2009.

1. fgdiii

fgdiii Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Rustburg
    I have a pair that have been together their entire 3 year life. One is IB male and the other a BS hen. They seem to be with each other most of the time. I now have acquired a Emerald pied spaulding male and a IB hen (both about 3 years old). I want the 2 IB to mate and the BS and pied to mate. Will I have a problem if I put each pair in separate pens and when should I separate them. Would May 1 be early enough?

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    They'll breed who ever is in the pen with them with no problem.
    I would go on now and get the pens ready and move them as soon as possible if they were mine. They will be breeding by May already.
    By doing it now, they will be settled in and over the stress of being caught up and move and all. At least, I would try to have it all done and over with by late Feb early March, no sense putting it off, if that's your plans.
    Good luck

3. fgdiii

fgdiii Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Rustburg
    Thank you. I will do it thefirst of March as they have access to cover now and will need for the winter. The second pen has cover but not as good as where they are now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by