Need brown egg layers - north alabama

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mcg30_40, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    I'm looking for some brown egg layers in north alabama...Blount County, AL area if possible.

2. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I can ship you some fertiel Buff Orpington eggs to hatch sometime next month. Let me know if you're interested.

3. mcg30_40

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    I don't have a incubator:(

4. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Aw pooh, I'm sorry. [​IMG] Well let me know if you ever get one. [​IMG]

5. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Do you want laying hens or chicks? I really can't let go of any more layers,but I plan to hatch chicks soon. I am in W.Tn, just North of Corinth,Ms. I don't know how far away you are. Maybe too far to make it work.

6. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    Hi Gina are you any where near Shiloh TN? My husband goes there every spring for a reenactment the first week of April I would love love love to have some marans. crystal

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  7. mcg30_40

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    That is about a 3 hr drive from me according to msn maps. I'm looking for laying hens or chicks, I'm not picky!

8. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    humm I could probably get some black stars for you if none else can find them i think he is asking $6 each and they are laying. (I have several) Its a 4H project that they comleatedcompleated not sure what that other word was ha ha) not to long ago where exactly is Blount co is it anywhere near fayettville TN> Crystal

9. mcg30_40

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    Fayettville TN is about 2 hrs from me. Blount County is an hour south of Huntsville or an hour north of Birmingham, AL.

10. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Hey CJ, I am about 50 miles from Shiloh. I'm in North Chester Co,near Madison(Jackson). I believe we can make that work. My family lives in McNairy Co and I havea brother that lives in Shiloh but works in Chester Co. He goes past the Park every day. How long has your husband been reinacting? My parents used to own businessess in Shilo. My dad owned the gas station and my mom owned the Battlefield Cafe and Campground. They've been retired for several years now. Is he going in April? Lert me know and I'm sure we can work something out. I should have started chicks,eggs and maybe even baby chicks. Depens on if I can spare eggs to set. I usually sell every one they lay.

MCG- that may be farther than you want to travel, but I plan on setting my bater on 2-1 and will have chicks about 2-21.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by