1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need Buff Orps.......In North Texas.

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by texaschickmama, Sep 19, 2007.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    We finally have our coop done. We want about 12 buff orp pullets and maybe 2 buff orp roosters. Anyone have any here? Any advice on where to get them? We were going to go through Ideal, but not so sure after reading some of these posts. Please help.

Thanks.[​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I ordered my chicks from Meyer and had great results... www.meyerhatchery.com

Got just what I ordered - no 'males for warmth', which is what worries me about ordering from Ideal.

Susan

3. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Thanks, Arlee 453, I will look into that.[​IMG]

4. Ferrn

Ferrn Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2007
    Texas
    I too am in Texas and ordered my Buff babies from My Pet Chicken - they are doing well and are about 6 weeks old now! Good Luck!

jen

5. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Thanks, we did get our buff orpingtons yesterday from a man locally well 100 miles locally. He was such a nice man and showed us around his place and answered all kinds of questions. He has RIR, Barred Rocks, and buff orps. I really recommend him. His birds are raised organically and he makes his own feed. Very well taken care of flock.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by