1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need button quail help

Discussion in 'Quail' started by stephandjay2487, Jan 22, 2015.

1. stephandjay2487

stephandjay2487 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2015
    Hi I have 3 button quails. They were born in November. When I got them I was told 2 are female and 1 is a male. Anyways 1 of my females is walking very strangely. When she walks her legs cross each other but other times they go out to her sides like splayed legs but she was fine when she was a baby. She did however jump out of my hands and hit the floor feet 1st when I was cleaning their cage in December and she's been walking funny ever since. I can't find anything on the Internet about it and don't have $ for a vet I need to know if splinting her legs will work even tho she's 2 months old? And my male keeps mating with her which I'm worried might hurt her more and will she even lay eggs? The one laying down is the injured quail. She moves around actually she hobbles around poor baby...[​IMG]

2. stephandjay2487

stephandjay2487 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2015
    Here's a better picture of her she's behind the male he came up to make sure I wasn't messing with her lol[​IMG]

3. Dustystrail

Dustystrail Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2014
    Ashland, Ohio
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about quail. You might try posting this in the quail tread or the emergencies/injuries thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by