Need Call Duck I.D. Please *Pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Feathered Wings, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I went to the auction Saturday and what to my eyes did i see but a pair of Call Ducks [​IMG]
    I have been going to this auction for 3 years and have never seen a call duck there so i was like [​IMG]
    They were small and cute but i did not know what they were i have seen snowy , chocolate, pastel but never any like these.
    My first thought and still is they are mixed the drake has orange feet with a few black spots but the hens legs and feet are black.

I bought them brought them home and gave them a nice bath here are pics of them all clean and Beautiful.

Doe's anyone know what they are [​IMG]

This is the Hen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the Drake
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is them together [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    THOSE ARE GORGEOUS! Dont state your city. Ill be in Georgia for thanksgiving and I am very tempted to steal them.

3. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    Congratulations on your find! Those are nice. I'm not sure what variety they are, but I'd imagine they are mixed. The one with the black bill.... its a silver or silver mix. As far as I know, only the silver variety have a black bill. Pretty birds.

4. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    They are very very pretty!!!

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Those look like blue magpies.

6. Feathered Wings

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:I have searched the web over and found only east Indies with black legs.
    Been on 2 hours searching and came up with nothing that even comes close to looking like these [​IMG]

Well i'm 100% sure they are mixed but with "what?" i can't find a black spotted bantam duck anywhere.

7. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Omg!!!! For sale anytime now? LOL Im just kidding. They are so pretty!!!! Kinda a snowy look how cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    I know the drake is a blue magpie the hen probably is to just not good in coloring she rminds me of a splashed but with a darker shade of blue I know they have been working on a color like that bit can't remember what they called it

9. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Great buy though

10. Feathered Wings

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:Thank you! I looked up Magpies and yes that is what the drake is i'm glad to know what he is.
    The hen i was thinking splash too but i can't find any info on those or pics

If i breed the magpie drake to a white female could i get his color i know how to do the breed back to get a certain color and i was wondering what color to use?

What about the hen what would be a good match for her?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by