Need Chicken Art for Wedding Invite

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by fluffhead, Apr 13, 2008.

1. fluffhead

fluffhead Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    Hi ya'll,

This might sound a little funny, but I feel comfortable posting it because I know most of you are as obsessed with chickens as I am.

We are designing our wedding invites. We have chickens and we are getting married on a farm, so we want a chicken on the reply card. We're having the invites letterpressed by hand, so we can basically submit whatever designs we like.

I was hoping some of you might know a good website to find small (a few cm x a few cm), simple line drawings of chickens. I certainly wouldn't steal a copyrighted image, but I want to give our designers a general idea.

I particularly love the way chickens look when they are pecking the ground, with their beaks down and tails up in the air. So, that profile would make an ideal drawing for this invite.

I'm crazy, I know.

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. 2 Beauts

2 Beauts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Virginia
    I would try google image. Search on chickens, then try and narrow it to "pen and ink" or "pencil" maybe even "comic". You might even find it in microsoft's clip art.

3. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    www.corbis.com
    its free to sign up and once you do you can seach the Royalty Free images, click on the on you want and it will pop up then you can right click and save. They have photos and drawings.

4. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    [​IMG]

My daughter found this design and made a necklace for me. I love it!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I bought a copy of Chicken magazine (by Hobby Farms) on Saturday that showed an antique litograph of a young victorian couple, appearing very much in love. On the stone wall right in front of them was a chicken laying on a nest. I'll find out later today if I can scan it for you. Or they might show something similar on their website: www.popularfarming.com

6. fluffhead

fluffhead Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2007
    Berkeley, CA
    eep, i forgot to sign up for e-mail responses to this thread.

thanks so much for the ideas, ya'll. [​IMG]

7. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    What a great idea!!! Sounds like you are going to have a very fun wedding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by