Need chicken coop build plans. Need coop to be done in two weeks.

ScottyTerrier

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2015

*chip* please help us get out of this plastic box *chirp*

Hi I have 15 chickens as well as 6 ducks that need housing. I am pretty handy but am not very experienced in framing and building with wood, although I have no doubt I could do it. I have been looking at coops and I could probably make one by looking at other peoples builds, but without a material list it will probably be a challenge for me to figure out all of the materials especially which metal framing connectors to use.

I am mostly concerned about the chickens right now as they will need the larger coop. Does anyone know of a step by step build I can copy that includes materials used? I will need something like 12x8 feet run with a adequate coop inside . It needs to be done in a couple weeks as my chicks are 3 weeks old now. Help is appreciated, thank you!

Here is a design of a coop I really like. This is a decent play by play build but I can not tell which metal framing connectors are used so I would probably be at the hardware store staring at framing connectors for hours https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-triple-c-the-crouches-chicken-coop

Last edited:
Here is my suggestion.
Take and print the pictures on paper ( black and white is sufficient) .. Go to where you will buy your lumber and show what you want to build. Home Depot or what ever other home center will carry all the hardware you may need. Buy a stack of 2 x 4 s and start your project. When you are partly done, you will be able to see how much more of what size wood you need. You will need to make a few trips at this method. You are handy so it will all come together. The peeps at these home centers are there to help. If you run into bad peeps, then try different store. It will all come to you as you are building .. It will be fun for you to see your project evolve.
WISHING YOU BEST.
thumbsup.gif

Keep us posted with your progress and ask questions along the way. Remember that a picture is worth a thousand words. There are many here that will give you great suggestions and ideas.

Thanks much cavemanrich for the reply and good vibes :)

So I got lazy and decided to buy some plans off of eBay. They were 15$ and he had a perfect seller rating. I think this will save me time and some head aches.

So it begins ! ;)

Last edited:
Here is pictures from our coop. Hubby calls it the outbuilding and I call it the palace. Photo are on facebook. You will need to login to see the photos. And it is described what hubby did to build this.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/warr...ilding-dual-purpose/877749628949403?pnref=lhc
Definitely an outbuilding...and he has prodigious building skills!

Curious that there doesn't seem to be any ventilation and would love to see the coop inside finished.

You should start a new thread showing the whole build!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom