Need chicken environment enrichment

Pics
Help. My 3 leghorns have buzzed through all their grass in their large coop and run. The entire run is bare now, with the exception of a huge shrub they lay under during the day. They must be bored! What can I put in their run to keep them amused?
Anything to hop on, hide under, or play with! Some people will do pallets leaned against the walls, and old step stool, or a tree stump. Have some dusty spots for dust baths as well! Hanging a suet feeder with treats in it so that it's just out of reach could be fun as well.

Seven herbs and spices.
A swing, roosting bar, chicken toys, plastic bins to clime on, in, hide behind...
rrr.jpg
sw1.jpg
chicken mix.jpg

A compost pile. (Dry leaves, hay or straw, weeds, vegetable and fruit peels, etc.)

They will spread it out all over, so it's won't stay a pile. But they will have a great time digging through it for tidbits. And various worms and bugs will move in to eat the stuff, so the chickens can then eat the worms and bugs.

Anything to hop on, hide under, or play with! Some people will do pallets leaned against the walls, and old step stool, or a tree stump. Have some dusty spots for dust baths as well! Hanging a suet feeder with treats in it so that it's just out of reach could be fun as well.
Ok. I have a step stool, I also have 2 suet feeders which didn't get any woodpeckers!! Would you tie them up with fishing line?

Back
Top Bottom