1. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    I need mega mini coop ideas for my button quails...I want it to be nice looking but not huge by any means. i'm thinking the coop will be 4' L x 4' W x 5'H and the run should be
    5' L x 6' W x 5' or 6' H

I want tips on what to put in the coop, what to put in the run, and what paint's are safe and of course cool ideas! Okay awaiting a response,

JD

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Good morning! Have you looked at the coop designs link at the top of this forum? There are lots of great ideas for small, medium, and large coops. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Is it for your buttons??? You could use a large aquarium for them. I have an outdoor avairy that mine are in, but they come in in the winter and are in a cage with a 1" grid.....the one you aer building would be HUGE for them. They would never even use 1/2 of it probably. I would go more with an aviary design, than a chicken coop design, since you may want to consider the safety door an aviary offers, once a button get out, it is NEVER coming back!!!

You can alter a dog house......either way, be sure to use the harware cloth for buttons, not chicken wire! Good Luck!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  4. ButtonQuailBoy

ButtonQuailBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Throop PA 18512
    Well I'm planning to add on to my flock. Different types of quail probably...

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
  6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it would be great if you could have your coop floor raised so it's easier to service the area. I think quail might prove an exciting opportunity for a coop that is SO easy to clean! Why not start a new thread addressed to quail raisers?[​IMG]

7. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I would definatley address a thread to quail people....but your buttons will have to be house separately since they are the size of finch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by