Need critiques on my MGB's

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lulinserama, Sep 29, 2010.

1. lulinserama

lulinserama Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    I have my Modern Game Bantams photos on this photobucket page. I hope I am doing this right. Is anyone showing modern games in Florida? I would love critques on my 4-6 month old chicks.
    http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab234/lulinserama

Lulinserama (my other bantam breed)

2. roosters4sale

roosters4sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    missouri
    Hi. I like 4719a, 6371a&b. I like the muscle tone.

3. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    where at in fl are you ?

4. lulinserama

Jun 8, 2010
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    We are in Weeki Wachee, Fl. 45 miles north of Tampa.

5. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I love your lemon blues! Do you sell hatching eggs?

6. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Are you looking to have them critiqued as possible show birds or just as pets?

Bob

7. lulinserama

Jun 8, 2010
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    I am evaluating my pullets and cockerels to better my flock. I do show birds.

8. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Pictures cannot tell the whole story but there are some major issues with your birds.

it seems that 1382 is the best of what I see in your pictures but he still has long wings and tail, his breast lacing is not too bad but the picture is blurry. He maybe knock-kneed, I can't tell.

1382e is not the same bird as above - has extremely bad shafting and lacing- this bird is a major cull

4719- long feathers especially the hackle - over laced and has shafting- he just isn't balanced with long back and big body

The Brown Red pullets are not too bad from what I can tell of them but they are still are not balanced - legs too short for such a long back and big body.

Over all I would say that these are not birds that you can breed show birds from, there are better birds to be had in Florida.
    I am sorry if I have been a little rough but you did ask for a critique for show birds.
    Good Luck- Bob

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by