Need design help!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Hamptons06, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Hamptons06

Hamptons06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    North Atlanta
    Ok so I put together a 29"W x 16"H x4'L box (ends open) and now I don't know what to do with it. [​IMG] It goes on the top of the bottom coop that I have made from a massive dog crate. I was going to use it for the nesting box, but 4ft is a big long to reach in to get the eggs. Unless I put a open door on the one end..... however what to do with all that space. Any ideas?? [​IMG] I've tried to look at some coop designs to get ideas, but now I'm clueless. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  2. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    I'm a bit confused as to what you are aiming for? Are you trying to build a nest box? If you have a photo of the coop, or a drawing, we might be able to help you.

3. Hamptons06

Hamptons06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    North Atlanta
    Quote:Sorry. [​IMG] I needed to fill the space above the coop area or it could go below.... doesn't matter.... and was thinking to maybe use it for some nesting boxes but now I dunno. I'll take pics in the am and show you what I mean.

4. bills

bills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    vancouver island
    Hinge the lid if it goes down low, or hinge the front, if it goes up high. That way you could still reach the eggs, clean it, and change straw etc.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by