Need donations of strong ibupropen, tylenol, valium ..? band started

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Cetawin, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I love my daughter...I really really really do BUT a newbie on an alto Saxophone from 4:30ish till 7:00 pm in her bedroom... well I have never ever heard an alto sax make some of these noises I cannot say sounds, really I can't [​IMG] I finally told her we should check out tuning the sax...she said "Oh, I can do that?" [​IMG]

Can I just say plainly...I reaaaaaalllllllllly love my daughter but [​IMG]

LMAO I will survive. I survived the flute, violin and keyboards with her brother...I can survive this...yes I can I know I can Can't I?

[​IMG]

This was after I said "I thought you loved your mommy?"

[​IMG]

School ends when? June? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

They need some kind of electric version that feels / acts like the real thing, but that they can plug headhones into. That's why my wife has an electric piano so she can pound on the keys and not bother the family. [​IMG]

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    How funny! My son has a 'mute' for his violin. She might be offended if you gave her a mute at this early stage. Plus it's hard to learn if you can't hear it, but ANYWAYS, practicing for two and a half hours a day?????? Really??? Cotton balls.

Have you ever heard a newbie on the bagpipes? Keep that in mind when you hear your daughter's "music".... She may sound better in comparison. Eh, maybe not.

4. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    What a great idea! I'll bet if its not invented for sax, you should do it.

Many Mothers would pay for that, Im sure! lol

5. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    OMG! I can't believe how much she has changed and grown up over the summer!

Maybe you need some headphones?

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Nifty...I had a 2 level half round gulbransen rialto K for years...headphones and all and I could play at night when I could not sleep or I was working on a specific piece and no one every heard me but I heard everything. Loved it.

She is really doing good and practicing so much because the beginner band class was full and they put her in concert band. [​IMG] She is having to learn the chords, fingering and how to read music. Her and 5 others are first-timers and everyone else in the band is a 2nd or 3rd year. Once I helped her get it tuned it was 1000 times better.

Also, she is practicing so much because she is trying to overcome a sort of a handicap...she is asthmatic so her lung capacity for anything above a 4 count is rough...so she is building her lungs up and really working on it. [​IMG]

insderart...scarey isn't it? She has changed so much in my eyes as well. *sigh* not my little girl any more, she is turning out to be a fine young lady. I am ubber proud of her.

7. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    It is scary! I had written that she had turned into a beautiful young woman over the summer, but I was afraid it was too scary to hear! I actually had to backspace it out... She looks so sweet too.

8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Mr Saddi suggested noise cancellation earphones, and don't go cheap. He used to work nights and had to sleep days back when we lived on 5th street downtown, worked well.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    HA! Under the cute exterior lies a ruffian. Thank you. I think she is beautiful too but i am very partial. hahahahaha

10. anngili

anngili Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, the noise-cancellation headphones work great. [​IMG] I got them when I was a teenager because my younger brother was learning to play the drums and electric guitar, one of my younger sisters the piano, and the other younger sister the acoustic guitar. [​IMG]
    The one disadvantage is I didn't hear my younger brother play jazz guitar very often and he got really, really good at it!! Sigh. [​IMG]
    Then he went off to college, did great playing jazz there, and then became a writer so he could stay at home with his family instead of touring. Turned out to be a pretty good writer, too! At least now I can put on headphones to block out the neighbors' fireworks and read one of his books! [​IMG]

And your daughter is beautiful and sounds like a very hard worker and talented!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by