Need egg cartons--cheapest place to buy?

Kansaseq

Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
NE Kansas
I have been getting donated cartons from friends and family, but lately they have dropped off, and the babies will start to lay next month. Anyone have a good vendor that sells cartons cheap?

Edit to show results

Just want to share the info submitted from wonderful BYC'ers, to anyone else who may be looking. Thanks guys!!

Shane'sTack has some made by Hartz (who I dislike immensely) had the cheapest price at .19 @
Eggboxes.com cheapest option was misprints for .23@
And the winner for cheapest of all was a Craig's List ad I answered. .04 @

Thanks to all the people who offered suggestions that helped me out.
I just had 150 delivered from Eggboxes (free shipping), and I am meeting a woman from CL on Monday who has about 120. I should be set for the next year!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I go to a thrift store here in town and buy egg cartons for 1 or 2 cents each.. I gu people drop them off and other people buy them for doing crafts.. just do it low key or they might raise the prices..

Freecycle... i placed an ad last week and i got about 100 of then within hours...

ETA....and they were FREE

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was fast!
I did some research and found that Shane's Tack has the cheapest at .19 a piece, but they are manufactured by Hartz (don't even get me started on their cat killing flea products!!)

Sundown, EggBoxes has the next cheapest at .23@ for misprints.

But MJ I like the Freecycle idea best of all!! I am so going to place an ad right now.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

the people who responded to my ad i gave a free dozen eggs to!...now they come back and buy them from me...or i will give them a doz for each time they call me to come and pick them up cartons of 20 or more...

Honestly.... I would list on Craigslist that you need them... say how many you need... and how much you are willing to pay... someone will deliver I am sure!!!!

Back
Top Bottom